Sunday, March 31, 2013

HE IS RISEN! Happy Easter From Bobby, The Entire Powell Clan, And The TTiV Staff



Roughly 2,013 years and three days ago Jesus Christ, the only son of the Living God and my personal Savior, was nailed to a cross after having endured a night of humiliation and torture at the hands of His Roman captors. The scourging scene from Mel Gibson's movie "Passion of the Christ" is probably pretty accurate, it is probably even less violent than the real thing. A Roman scourging in and of itself usually caused the victim to die. If the person survived, they would bear the scars of the beating for the rest of their lives, which was kind of the point.



Christ KNEW that this was going to be His fate, yet He gave Himself up willingly. Even though He IS God, Christ was also Human, and in the Garden of Gethsemane He asked our Father - His literal Father, our spiritual Father - if there was any other way to accomplish the task of providing a means of Salvation to the world. He KNEW that His body would be broken and torn, turned, literally, into something akin to ground round before what was left was nailed to a cross to serve as a meal for birds and insects.

Yet He gave Himself up willingly; to save us, to accept our punishment and die in our place. Thank you Jesus. Praise His Holy Name.

Six hours after being nailed to the cross, He died; paying the price of sin for us so that we would not have to pay it ourselves. "The wages of sin are death" the Bible proclaims, and the only way that we mere humans would ever be allowed into the holy presence of God is if we were sinless ourselves, and of course that is impossible.

It is impossible for a human being to be without sin. From the moment we are born we are sinners. Thanks to Adam's "Original Sin", even newborn babies are considered sinners in the eyes of the Most High. The "death" that the "wages of sin" verse is talking about is spiritual death, not physical, and if we were expected to pay that price ourselves God would be pretty lonely in Heaven; because we, our souls, would be dead, no longer in existence.

But since Christ paid the price for us, we can simply choose to acknowledge that sacrifice and it would be just as if we had been the ones nailed to that tree. It's as simple as that brothers and sisters. Do you want to go to Heaven? Do you want Eternal Life? Do you want to become part of God's family and spend Eternity exploring the wonders of the Universe? If you answered "Yes" to those questions, I know how to make it happen for you; and it is not only my pleasure, it is my duty to share it with you.

John 3:16 (KJV) - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

ALL you have to do if you want to go to Heaven and live forever - and I guarantee that in the Afterlife we are not just going to be sitting around on a white fluffy cloud strumming harps, God has big plans for His family - is to sincerely repent of your sins and accept Christ as your personal Savior. That's all, it's that easy.

HE did all or the heavy lifting, HE suffered unimaginable torture BEFORE his crucifixion; a fact that a lot of people don't seem to appreciate as much as the time He actually spent nailed to the cross. And He DIED; brutally, so that we didn't have to. And He did it because He loved us. God has never asked anything of us except that we love Him back, respect Him, and follow His laws. Sounds like Father's job description is just like that of a human father to me. How amazing is that? I know that I would die for any one of my children, so I don't see how this is any different. We are God's children, and He would do anything to save us from certain destruction.

We must be "Born Again" if we are to ever come in to the very near presence of God, and the ONLY way to do that is through Jesus Christ. How do I know? It's simple: Christ said so Himself.

John 14:6  (KJV) - I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me.

As Christ said, HE is the only way to the Father and to Everlasting Life. That is a gift by the way. You can't buy it, you can't work a lot of good deeds and get into Heaven either. The only way that you will enjoy the fruits of life eternal is to accept that Christ died for your sins and, as he told Mary the prostitute, "Go and sin no more."

We can not hope to maintain a sinless life on our own, even after we have accepted Christ as our Savior. Father has sent us out "as sheep amongst the wolves," and temptation is all around. The good news is though that God doesn't expect us to be perfect, He just wants us to try as hard as we can to be more like Him with each passing day. God loves triers.


Knowing that the Second Coming of my Savior Jesus Christ is imminent is a great comfort to me; but I'm reminded at the same time that there are many who have yet to form a personal relationship with Him, and that is something that I hope to change with The Truth Is Viral. I'm not a preacher by any stretch of the imagination; but I can read the writing on the wall. I am familiar enough with the Bible, and especially Biblical prophecy, that I can see what was foretold thousands of years ago coming to life in today's headlines.

I hope that by sharing my knowledge and my experience as a journalist I can show you, the viewer, the truth too. If is my most fervent wish that at least a few of those who are sitting on the fence when it comes to belief in God will take that leap of faith and put their trust in Him.

I changed the focus of The Truth Is Viral last year when my daughter died without knowing the Lord. That was MY fault. She was only with me for the last two years of her life, but that was plenty of time for me to have shared the Word with her. I failed my daughter, and I carry that guilt with me every single day. I won't fail you. I intend to witness for Christ, in my own gruff, unpolished way, with the last breath in my body.

If you're feeling alone, lost, or like you just can't do it anymore, this video will give you a little inspiration on this Easter Sunday. I know it inspires me.



On behalf of The Powell family and the TTiV staff - Becky, Jimmy, and Lou - I would like to wish everybody a Happy Easter.

God bless you all, and Semper Fi,
Bobby

2 comments:

  1. Bobby, I couldn't find another way to email you. The "subscribe" link for PayPal isn't there any more. It looks like the one-time donation PayPal link is OK, but I would like to subscribe. Can you check it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me KNow Susan. Apparently when I made it yellow I messed up the code causing it to not work. It's working now.

      And thank you so much for your support! It means more than I can properly express that folks think enough of what I'm doing that they would actually take money out of their pocket and put it into mine so I can continue doing what I do. It blows my mind, and is very humbling.

      God bless,
      Bobby

      Delete

SUMMER TOYS FOR GIRLS AND BOYS!